MADE IN PETALUMA: Savory Holiday Apple Tarts are sure to be a big hit at your next holiday gathering
If you wish to learn more about Laurie check out our previous posts:
- World Food Champs Chow Down in #Petaluma;
- Interview: Local Girl Makes Good Food! #Petaluma’s Laurie Figone is the World Dessert Champ
- VIDEO UPDATE: #Petaluma’s Laurie Figone gets her shot on the big screen on TNT’s “On The Menu”;
Also a great gift idea for Christmas this year is her NEW cookbook: Cooking with Laurie Figone
Click here to order her new recipe book
Here is a great appetizer you can impress your guests with this year over the holidays.
Savory Holiday Apple Tarts
Simple savory crunchy bites are sure to be a hit at your next gathering! Crisp bits of pesto coated apples paired with a creamy, smokey cheddar cheese filling.
Cook Time: 3 Minutes
- 3 TBSP pesto
- 2 cups petite diced apples
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 2 oz. smoked cheddar cheese (Laurie prefers Spring Hill Jersey brand)
- 1 TBSP butter, room temperature
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp smoked paprika
- 30 mini Phyllo pastry shells, prebaked
In a small mixing bowl mix together diced apples and fresh pesto until apples are evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
In a small mixing bowl; beat cream cheese until smooth. Add shredded cheddar, butter, lemon juice and smoked paprika and beat for 1 minute. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Remove shells from the freezer. Preheat oven to 350′. When oven is heated; place shells on a baking sheet and fill each one with 1 tsp. of the cheese mixture. Bake for three minutes; or until warmed through and puffed. Remove from oven and spoon 1 TBSP. of the pesto apples on top of each tart.